Paralles to Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dimme, Jun 28, 2007.

1. dimme macrumors 65816

Is there a way to turn a Windows Xp virtual machine to a Boot Camp drive. The reason I want to do it is my Windows XP disk is not a Service pack 2 disk.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

you could slipstream your old install disk with the new sp2 disk. there are plenty of programs that will allow you to do this.

3. dimme thread starter macrumors 65816

I do not have access to a real PC:mad:

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hahahaha lucky you!!! you should be able to do this thru parallels i would think... the only other option is to buy it :p BURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. SDDave2007 macrumors regular

I don't know why everybody says you can only install WinXP/SP2 onto Parallels???

I just installed the OEM (WinXP/SP1) disk that came with the PC I bought 5 years ago..... Once it was installed.. I ran Windows Update [61 patches], then I downloaded and installed SP2... no problem..... then I ran Windows Update again [another 35 patches].....

And then I ran Parallels Transporter on my new MacPro.. 10 hours later [yeah its slow].... I had a perfectly working clone of my PC running on my MacPro

Runs flawlessly...

6. dimme thread starter macrumors 65816

I ok installing into parallels. What I want to do is install into Boot Camp so I can play Flight Simulator X.