Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
I recently got my iPhone 3GS unlocked and thanks to a link given by member Applejuiced i verified that the phone is indeed unlocked. But now that i restored the phone, it wont activate since the phone did not have a SIM when i did the restore (my mistake).
Now at home i only have MicroSIM from tmobile which my wife uses in her iPhone 4. I do that that yellow colored plastic adapter in which i can stick the microSIM but i am super paranoid about doing that and putting the SIM (with adapter) in the iPhone 3GS.
I fear the microSIM might fall inside and get stuck. I also have the outer cutting of the SIM card from which i cut the tmobile micro SIM, if that helps.

Am i being too paranoid and i can go ahead and plug the microsim to adapter and put it inside the 3GS or i should try getting a new normal SIM from somewhere ?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
If you have a factory made microsim to sim adapter then I dont see the problem.
It will work with no probs.
If you made it yourself I'd be cautious cause if it falls apart in there it can cause some issues.

You should get one of those:
microsim.jpg

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
There is this T-Mobile® SIM Card Activation Kit for 0.99$ which i am planning to get. It has a tmobile regular SIM card and this should help me with activating the phone i guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.