Paranormal Activity - WTF

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iOrlando, Oct 26, 2009.

1. iOrlando, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Honestly, i bet their comments were because that movie has SO much hype behind it about being "so scary," but many leave the theatre a little razzled, but not scared.

I guess the rowdy teens were probably just dissapointed that the quota of scary moments had not been reached, therefore they had to proceed to ruin it for everyone else.

Sorry for your bad experience. :(

3. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

you should have complained to the staff... i have done this in the past in a similar situation, and they gave me free tickets to watch it again :)

4. iOrlando thread starter macrumors 68000

didnt think of doing that..interesting...not sure if I would want to watch it again though haha...(it didnt meet its hype) and the theater was awful. (we could hear the boom boom banging from the action movie that was being shown on the screen next door - sort of ruins the quiet/scary moments of the film).

5. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

That. Is a spoiler. Good show though.. Yeah.. as usual.. those silly people going ooh and aah loudly as if they were in their own home having sex. :rolleyes:

6. Xavier macrumors 68020

I was a little disappointed when I saw it. The audience in the theater I went to were pretty quiet though.

There definitely have been scarier movies

7. anywhere08 macrumors newbie

Like what? :confused:

8. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

Its because the film was advertised as supposedly 'The scariest movie of all time' when it wasn't frightening at all. It was a good movie, but it just wasn't scary.
    That plus the fact that there were lots of long silences didn't help.
    Just watch it at home.

9. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

The Ring, Grudge, Ju-on, The Exorcist, The Omen, Japanese Horror films.

There are so many.

10. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

The Grudge? Really?

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I notice anytime I go to a bigger city people are pretty rude at the theaters, talk on their cells, have their kids going bonkers etc. Non-existent out here when you go to the theaters even when its packed.

12. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Ju-on? Hell yes. :eek: :)

13. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Its a kid that meows for goodness sake. :p

14. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Tch. What can I say? I don't like kids. ;) :p:p

15. aloofman macrumors 68020

aloofman

I had a similar experience seeing it on Saturday night. Lots of kids texting during the movie, which I wouldn't care about if the cellphone screens weren't so bright. There were some oohs and aahs and people yelling random stuff, although that wasn't as annoying as when two people would yell part of a conversation at each other. More annoying was that theater employees were going up and down the aisles and didn't do anything about the texting.

I think the movie was overhyped, but entertaining. I especially liked that they got quite a bit of mileage out of such a small budget. I wish there were more movies that could generate genuine suspense with storytelling and pacing instead of relying on blood and gore.

16. Nuck81 macrumors regular

I'm a teacher and I pretty much hate kids from the 16-20 yo range.

Too much overcompensation in everything they do...

17. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

We're not all that bad. Speaking as a 19 YO.

18. samiwas macrumors 65816

The OP's experience is the sole reason my wife and I go to ONLY first-matinee showings on weekdays of any movie, and usually after a movie has been out for a few weeks. We simply refuse to go at any other point. These showings have the fewest people, so much less chance of being annoyed by some assclown.

There are just too many people these days who think nothing exists outside their 3-foot bubble. Talking, texting, kids making noise...they either don't know or just don't give a crap (I think it's more that they don't give a crap). We once had a woman threaten us after we looked at her while she and her friend talk at full conversational volume throughout a movie. I wasn't about to do anything about it because she really would have probably killed me.

And the teens you speak of...many seem to thrive on pissing other people off. We went to a movie a few years ago, and couldn't even hear the movie there was so much talking going on (must have been 100 high schoolers there)...it was seriously like we were at a party. We left and got our money back.

So the point is...people suck. And I try to avoid anything where I think some wannabe-funny-guy is going to ruin the experience for me.

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

First movie that actually sent a chill down my spine in 10 years (im 18).

I thought it was brilliantly done with its realism. I felt like I really was watching home footage and the ending was done well.

I really liked it.

That said, the audience behaved just like the OP stated, which I didnt ming, it was hysterical (i enjoyed some herbal help before the movie).:)

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My wife and I go to early evening movies, usually between 7-9 start times. Usually, teens wait to go to later movies. We just saw Law Abiding Citizen which got out at 9:30 and the place was wall-to-wall teenagers when we left.

21. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I rate this movie 10/10 in the Scary moments

I had nightmares.........

hahaha

my sister too

and I want to see the 4th Kind

which is similar.....but "ALIENS" are involved....
    :D:D

22. iOrlando thread starter macrumors 68000

the ending isnt the original one... not sure if you were aware of the original ending. its on youtube and such. not sure which I like better.

23. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

Same experience for me. The screaming of 14 year old girls ruined any chance for me to enjoy the scary moments of the movie. How do these kids get in anyway, since its an R-rated movie. Stupid staff.

24. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I've been called an old man for thinking this way (and I'm 20). I agree 100%. People these days are too absorbed in themselves and all of the 'teenie' fads like texting on their phones and disrespecting the English language. It makes me so angry. Don't get me wrong; I text; but I spell words properly and I don't text stupid things (e.g. today I helped a friend with homework. Wasn't efficient, but it got the job done).

25. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Grudge and Ju-on were not scary IMO. Before I entered the threater I reminded myself that it was just a show and there was nothing to be worried about. When I came out, the outlook was different though. :eek: