paranormal activity?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by boynigel, Sep 23, 2011.

1. boynigel macrumors regular

so last night i put my intel imac to sleep and watch the screen go black, just like i always do. keep in mind that i closed all applications before doing so. i wake up at 2:30 a.m. and notice a light on in my computer room. i go in and find my computer on and that it is running iDVD. it was on the page where it shows all the different background setting choices for the menu page of your DVD-to-be. i haven't opened any movie making apps in months, btw. very strange. i don't sleep-walk either! i could understand the computer waking up on its own if the mouse got jittered by an earth tremor, even though i don't live in an earthquake zone (Massachusetts). but how the heck did it open an app on its own?

2. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Does anyone else havean account on your computer? What OS are you running. I only ask because if I remotely connect to the family iMac or my old PowerMac G4 the display powers on and shows whatever I'm doing.

3. boynigel thread starter macrumors regular

nope. wife and four year old fast asleep when i went to bed.

----------

snow leopard on my imac, tiger on my old G4 desktop. both computers only run on one account.