Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomwvr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Frederick Maryland
Hello I know I am missing something in my settings .

I used to have Win 7 32 bit installed on my machine - it would let me tab out and tab to other windows apps while in windows. It also filled the entire screen when in used.

I just updated to Win 7 64 bit - I cannot tab out of the single windows app, I do not get a full screen - black borders about 3 inches wide on all sides, andI have to go into the menu to actually minimize the windows screen to allow me to get back into IOS.

I really liked the way the 32 bit functioned and cannot figure out what setting I have wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Hello I know I am missing something in my settings .

I used to have Win 7 32 bit installed on my machine - it would let me tab out and tab to other windows apps while in windows. It also filled the entire screen when in used.

I just updated to Win 7 64 bit - I cannot tab out of the single windows app, I do not get a full screen - black borders about 3 inches wide on all sides, andI have to go into the menu to actually minimize the windows screen to allow me to get back into IOS.

I really liked the way the 32 bit functioned and cannot figure out what setting I have wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

You did not install the virtual machine drivers (Parallels tools or whatever it's called). Install it.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Try to update your parallel desktop, and update virtual machine tools in your windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.