Parental control software compatible with a good firewall

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by doobydoooby, Feb 25, 2014.

1. doobydoooby macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any suggestions for an os x parental control software that actually continues to allow use of a computer-based firewall such as little snitch or hands off? I found what I thought was a great parental control software call qustodio, but in actual fact what it does is then route *all* internet traffic through its proprietary engine. That's all internet traffic for the child's account, but also for every other account on the mac even though the controls are theoretically disabled on those other accounts and simply let everything through. What that means is that suddenly your firewall simply sees the parental control engine as the sole access to the internet; all the granular control by application, website, ports etc is gone.

Soooooo.... anyone have a suggestion for a parental control app on os x that either only runs on the managed child account and leaves the main mac admin accounts clear, or alternatively that only disrupts the managed account? Any suggestions welcome!

2. Thor774 macrumors regular

Thor774

I am also interested in something like this.
    There are very good solutions for parenting control software on Windows but i have not found anything worthy on the Mac.