Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shane1905

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2012
UK
Hi, I’ve recently set my 8 year old an account on the family Mac. I have set up restrictions within screentime including only allowing access to the websites I choose. Every few days however, the website restrictions disappear. They are still shown as active in the screen time settings but when on safari I can access any webpage I like. And I mean ANY. I have to turn screen time off and on again to reset safari to allowed websites only. Is this a potential bug? It’s obviously not very safe as a parental filter. No, he does not know the code needed to unlock. Any help would be appreciated. Using Catalina on a late 2012 27 inch iMac. Thanks all.

Reactions: ThatsMrsGeek2U

ThatsMrsGeek2U

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2012
I have been completely befuddled by the constant failure to parental controls, I walk in and they have installed games without an admin password, loaded all sort of horrific websites, you name it. if you have sorted anything out, please let me know.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I have been completely befuddled by the constant failure to parental controls, I walk in and they have installed games without an admin password, loaded all sort of horrific websites, you name it. if you have sorted anything out, please let me know.

it can only support installed apps! So what I used was OpenDNS.com to block certain web sites manually besides most kids don’t understand DNS especially it can run in router too to keep it off the Mac!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.