Parental controls for facebook and aim

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Needanswers, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Needanswers macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how to move the aim and facebook applications under the parental controls? I would like to turn off these functions while my daughter is supposed to be doing homework, but still allow her to listen to her music. These 2 applications are a huge distraction while she is trying to get work done. Thanks.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I don't think that you can move specific apps under the parental controls, I think it only works with the apps that are listed there. The best thing I think you could do is either change the wifi password so she can't use the internet, thus facebook and aim. Or you could just unplug the internet router (so the wifi dies) while she is supposed to be doing homework, and then just plug it back in afterwards.

3. Bob Chadwick macrumors member

Most newer routers allow you to set times when access is limited.

4. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

mac

i put mac address baring on mine so that it looks as if they could connect, but they actually can't, how evil!

5. Needanswers thread starter macrumors newbie

I know I could always turn off WiFi or the router, but the rest of the family has at least 3 laptops that need internet access during this time, so turning off the router is not an option. Other family members need internet access at the same time my daughter is doing her homework. Can I just interrupt her internet access on the router, but have 3 laptops still access the router?

6. groovdudeyo macrumors regular

groovdudeyo

What you could do is set the pass word on the iPod so that she doesn't know it then put it on hold. She can still control her music by double clicking the home button but she would need to know the password to do anything else.

(I sure hope MY mom doesn't see this, she might get some ideas!)

7. Bob Chadwick macrumors member

You will need to look at your router. I've never set this on mine but I thought you could set rules based on the MAC address or some such other defining characteristic.

8. andykerese macrumors newbie

Router

Dou you know any of these new routers?

9. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have a wrt54g and it has that feature. And Mac addresses are easy to spoof! :D