Parental Controls for iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by armyguy26, Apr 8, 2010.

1. armyguy26 macrumors member

Hi Everybody,
    I just recently bought my son a iPod touch for his birthday. I am a little worried about his internet usage and the websites and applications that he can go to. Is there any way to set parental controls on an iPod Touch or something I can download to make parental controls active?

Thanks

Also, if I set some sort of parental control will he be able to override it or hack the parental controls? And if yes, how, so I can maybe plug that hole.

Thanks

2. na1577 macrumors 6502a

Yes there are very basic parental controls. In Settings, scroll down to General > Restrictions. Here you can disable different applications or features, such as the App Store, Safari, or explicit music. The applications that can be limited are: Safari, YouTube, location sharing, and the iTunes Stores. Other controllable content are film, app, and television ratings, in-app purchases, and music advisories.

But remember this: if you decide to enable restrictions, any blockade you set can be bypassed. The iPod touch restrictions are only protected by a four digit code, and it can be removed simply by restoring the device in iTunes.

You can get a bit more information here. That page is for iPhone, but it's set up the same way on the touch.

3. armyguy26 thread starter macrumors member

Than you