Parental Controls in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brew4, Nov 27, 2007.

1. brew4 macrumors newbie

I have installed Leopard on my eMac (I know, I know, it's an old machine, but it meets the specs for Leopard). My kids use that computer and I wanted to upgrade to have the parental controls of Leopard that are more flexible than the ones on Tiger.

I now find that I can't set the parental controls from my own administrative account, but had to set up another admin account from which to administer the parental controls. Does anyone know if this is really necessary?

I also find that I can't organize my daughter's bookmarks in Safari and can't set her home page. Somehow either Leopard or Safari is setting the home page by itself; in Safari preferences, the home page panel is greyed out and there is no place in Leopard System Preferences (from the administrative account) for me to set the homepage.

I would sincerely appreciate any suggestions you might offer.

2. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

i have a kid shared emac in a bonus room that meets specs. i bought the family pack to update it and an old PBG4.
    After getting and reading the info for parental controls, I didn't see any great features that I didn't already have with BumperCar.
    Good luck, I will follow this thread.