Parental Gate for iOS apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by dacoolest, Oct 1, 2013.

1. dacoolest macrumors regular

Hi, my app has a credits screen where links to websites are included and my app is designed for kids under 13. It has been rejected today due to the links it contains. Apple has suggested to implement a "Parental Gate" to restrict access to that specific view controller. Any ideas on how to develop it?

2. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I'm guessing they want you to see if the child using the app has permission from a parent to visit each link.

The first time the app is run on that device, you should require that a parent set his or her e-mail address, set a password or passcode, and specify which Websites the child is allowed to visit; you should then require that the parent or legal guardian signify, by writing their signature, that he or she is the parent or legal guardian and that he or she agrees that neither your company nor Apple nor any person or company affiliated with either company can be held liable for anything outside of either company's or person's control, including any child's use of Websites that are not on the "allowed list."
    The list of allowed Websites should be made easily accessible to anyone who knows the password or passcode.