Parents blocked my wifi on phone for certain time

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by crsb20012001, Apr 26, 2017.

1. crsb20012001 macrumors newbie

crsb20012001

My parents have blocked my wifi usage from 10-6 on the modem and this is affecting my iPhone and iPad's wifi. Does anyone know how to bypass the parental time limitations for my devices? Thanks in advance

2. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

The settings are on the router so you can't change that unless you change the router settings.

However it's much easier just to put up with it. When you move out and have your own house, you can go on the Internet for as long as you want -- you can also do all your own laundry and cooking! :D

4. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

You could always get your own place and pay for your own internet. Move out and make your own rules. Hell you could even have cookies for dinner.

5. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

They choose to switch off the internet between these times. There's nothing you can do, since it's their house, their rules. Get a personal mifi or create a personal hotspot from your iPhone.

6. daflake macrumors 6502a

Have you tried talking to your parents about it? Maybe they didn't know you would be inconvenienced.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Your parents blocked it because you should be sleeping during those hours. Even if you wish to stay up later, there are other things to do, like read or watch TV - maybe even WITH your parents.

8. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

why not just use the internet sharing function in your iPhone? With that,you create,and of course pay for,your own connection.

9. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

When my kids were younger I also blocked the wifi during similar hours on school nights. This was to prevent them from staying up too late on their computers.

Think twice about trying to bypass their limitations. If your parents find out, you may not have an iPhone or iPad to worry about for awhile.

10. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Unless you're paying for your internet service and your devices,myou really have no right to defy your parents' wishes. Work it out with them or live with it.

11. willmtaylor, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

And pay utilities, and insurance, and for groceries, etc. ;)

#iwantindependence #youkeeptheresponsibility