Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al3000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
England
I am planning to buy my first mac soon, and have registered to go to the Paris Expo. Although I don't have an apple, I have an iPod & a shuffle, and in the past few months have been browsing a lot of apple sites finding out information ready to buy. I have never been to an apple expo, and was wondering what it was like? Do you think it would be useful for me, or is it mainly for trade customers and professionals? I have also registered for the Keynote, but am questioning whether it would be really that beneficial for me to go to it?

Thanks for any advice that you can give! :D

al3000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
England
Thanks for the advice so far, I think I have decided to go but think the keynote is probably not for me, I could easily watch it on the web as it would mean getting to the event very early, meaning getting an extremely early flight! Do you think a day is too long for the expo? Also, it runs from tues to fri, what do you think the best day to go would be? At the moment I am planning to go on the wednesday.

Does anyone know of any transportation from CDG airport, or would I just have to get a taxi or something?

Thanks again

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
al3000 said:
Does anyone know of any transportation from CDG airport, or would I just have to get a taxi or something?
Gosh, It's been years since I was in Paris last, but I believe there is a commuter train that goes from CDG into the city center. A taxi is always an option too, but it will be expensive.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I have gone several times to the Macworld expo in San Francisco. I would recommend going on tuesday. Or else avoid the web like a plague on tuesday. Because it will ruin the experience if you go their already knowing what Apple released. Also avoid reading official page 1 rumors about Apple releases before the expo because that will ruin the experience as well. However, their is no need for the going to the keynote as they replay the announcements all day and have another guy presenting the products throughout the day.

Other cool things to look forward to are the exhibits from other vendors. Its pretty neat seeing all the different hardware and software products being released for the mac. Plus their are plenty of promo items for free like posters from apple and my "Star Trek Was a Documentary" pin :p .

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
I'm spending a couple of days in Paris via Eurostar and will be going to both the Keynote and Expo.

al3000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
England
Access badges arrived this morning in the post...was quite suprised as it said that they would be sent by email only! :confused:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I envy you being able to attend the Paris Expo. It's an awesome experience being around other Mac fans. A great place to lean a lot about the Mac. Definitely attend the Keynote, the atmosphere is very electric. Being in the presence of Steve is awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.