Paris-Roubaix

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lewis82, Apr 7, 2012.

1. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

[​IMG]

Is anyone as excited as I am for Paris-Roubaix tomorrow? It will be the first time I watch it, but I expect the race to be full of action and far from boring! :)

For those who don't know it, Paris-Roubaix is one of the oldest road races in existence. It is particular for being ridden on several stretches of cobbled road, causing several accidents and rendering flats and broken rims commonplace.

Also, anyone have some predictions? Cancellara is out, so I'm going for Tom Boonen.

2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I slept in and missed all but the finish. Hell of a ride by Boonen. This might make him the favorite for the tour.

3. lewis82 thread starter macrumors 68000

lewis82

That was indeed a display of impressive cycling talent :) But I don't think Boonen can win the Tour. He's specialized in classics, one-day races. I'm sure he will grab at least one stage though ;)

4. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

The favorites rarely do but he'll have to be on the conversation after the spring he's having. Didn't he win last weekend too? It'll all be about who does well in spain.

5. lewis82 thread starter macrumors 68000

lewis82

Yeah, he did win last weekend, and the one before that, and two days before :p We can only hope he'll perform as well during the Giro/Tour :)

6. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Ahh the Giro. I forgot that one. I wish there was more cycling coverage in the states. I'd trade two of the three a day broadcasts of the tour de France for a single a day coverage of Spain and Italy.