Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

heroicon-150x141.jpg

iPhone owners who have a tendency to lose their parked cars but not their phones may want to check out Parkbud. The app, which touts itself as a "hand-sculpted luxury parking app", includes a number of useful features to guide users back to wherever they left their car, all wrapped in a slick and polished interface.

There are a quite a few parking reminder apps, but with a wide variety of useful features, Parkbud is one of the most complete and best at helping users avoid losing their car.
ParkBud for iPhone is $1.99 on the App Store. [iTunes]

Article Link: ParkBud Helps Keep Track of Parked Cars

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

FWIW BMW has a similar app & it's free.

thayeriv

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2004
Huh?

This article is just an ad. Very out of character for MacRumors. What's up with that?

jmsait19

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2004
MO
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5302b Safari/7534.48.3)

Jeez. How much did ParkBud have to pay for this?

Yuck.

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
Why is there always one or more posts about it being a paid advertisement every time something like this is posted?

This is in the iOS blog. It’s meant to be showcasing minor developments with iOS, including the iBookstore and the App Store. If a new and noteworthy application joins the store which quite clearly is better than all of the other apps in the same category (I’m not saying this one is), then why can’t MacRumors share it with us? :confused:

2 Replies

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2010
Orrrrrrr

Or you could just save yourself the $2 and drop a pin with the native maps app.:rolleyes:

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
Why is there always one or more posts about it being a paid advertisement every time something like this is posted?

This is in the iOS blog. It’s meant to be showcasing minor developments with iOS, including the iBookstore and the App Store. If a new and noteworthy application joins the store which quite clearly is better than all of the other apps in the same category (I’m not saying this one is), then why can’t MacRumors share it with us? :confused:

Don't know about others, but I use an RSS feed and it appears in that feed. Maybe if there were a way to adjust the feed to only include front page articles?

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
Don't know about others, but I use an RSS feed and it appears in that feed. Maybe if there were a way to adjust the feed to only include front page articles?

Ah, I see. I wasn’t aware that the RSS feeds for this site didn’t differentiate between front page articles and blog posts.

dacapo

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2010
It may or may not be a good app, but I don't like the fact that it says "★★★ON SALE FOR LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!★★★" when it started out as a free app and then was up and down between .99 and 1.99.

The current price is the highest it's ever been.:rolleyes:

Not the best way to promote your app via a major site like MR where people can be brutally honest.

thayeriv

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2004
Ah, I see. I wasn’t aware that the RSS feeds for this site didn’t differentiate between front page articles and blog posts.

I did not know that either. I very recently began reading via Google Reader. Now I understand why it showed up. I withdraw my complaint. However, in my world, this app gets a big yawn. I don't fit the target demographic (car loser).

Aduntu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010

This app is neither new or noteworthy.

nostaws

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2006
Arn, it is great that you are making $$ on the site. Even hired some writers. Cool. However, with crap like this "ParkBud" post I think you are diluting your brand. It really just looks like advertising for app makers.

I know the section says: "The iOS Blog covers iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch news, software, tips, and gear. Please email us any news and tips." But the reality is, that because it is featured so prominently on the macrumors site it seems like it should be closer to a news or rumor item.

Plus, the url is: "https://www.macrumors.com/iphone/" which seems like it should be the site for iPhone rumors. Maybe the iOS blog should be something like iosblog.com or something (I know it is taken, but I am just making a point).

But alas, you will probably never read this, because you probably don't even read the crap on the iOS blog.

iLidz

macrumors member
May 19, 2011
California
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Am I the only one wondering how many people actually forget where they left their car? Really? Seriously, you can't remember where your car is..?.?

How about a more useful app like dogbud, slutygirlfriendbud or self-respectbud

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Am I the only one wondering how many people actually forget where they left their car? Really? Seriously, you can't remember where your car is..?.?

How about a more useful app like dogbud, slutygirlfriendbud or self-respectbud

Not just people forget where they left their car...but people who do it so often that they have a "tendency" to do it.

If you're losing your car so often that you need to pay 2 bucks for an app to help you keep track of it, you've got bigger problems imo.

broadsword

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2010
Los Angeles
It's easy to forget where you parked your car in LA. I do it all the time. I like articles like this because it's an excellent way for busy people to find out about new apps. Keep up the good work!

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop

There are different RSS feeds so if you only want the front page you can choose that, see:

- Full RSS Feeds - All existing RSS subscribers have been automatically upgraded to full content feeds. If for some reason you prefer the truncated feed, we are continuing to offer that at this url.

RSS Feeds

- All MacRumors Stories
- Front Page - Existing subscribers have been upgraded to this feed.
- Mac Blog - Existing Page 2 subscribers have been upgraded to this feed.
- iOS Blog - Existing iPhone subscribers have been upgraded to this feed.

iMouse

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
Boardman, Ohio
*yawn*

Find me one that works in a parking garage too...

I think most people know where they parked their cars, the problem is in very large lots and parking garages with multiple levels and ramps to other garages that people often get disoriented. It might be pretty nice for those large lots out in the open, but useless where the GPS can't see the sky.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
If you NEED this app, I feel bad for you.

I am certain we could find an app or two in your cache that the rest of us would pity you for even d/ling.

I can't speak for the app that is the subject of this thread but I use the BMW Parking Assist app every time I park at a meter. It's a genius too because it not only tells you how much time is left on your meter but also how much time it will take you to get back to your car -- very useful if you are in an area you are not familiar with.

hardyhar

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
New York, NY
Don't understand the dissing - Parkbud is a great app

I really don't understand why these people here are posting such negative comments.

I just bought this app, and quite honestly, it's freaking awesome and in my opinion the best of its kind, and i'm not some 'loser' who forgets my car all the time (if you actually read the post / watched the demo it does way more than remember your car, like keeping track of the parking meter, finding parking garages, taking notes, etc etc etc etc).

This is app is truly well developed and i will use it even when I don't have a car in the city just for the sake of showing off what a cool interface and ux it has.

The only thing I can think of is that most of you are other developers who are so offended that another app is being promoted other than your own, or you just read the title and didn't actually bother reading what you were commenting on.

Either way, as another developer myself, I say kudos to the Parkbud people since this is a super app.

dacapo

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2010
It may or may not be a good app, but I don't like the fact that it says "★★★ON SALE FOR LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!★★★" when it started out as a free app and then was up and down between .99 and 1.99.

The current price is the highest it's ever been.:rolleyes:

Not the best way to promote your app via a major site like MR where people can be brutally honest.

Ha, at least we know someone is reading these comments. The app description no longer has this. They get a +1 for responsiveness, I guess. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.