Parrot AR.Drone from Brookstone Returns a Nightmare

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ARDroneGuy, Sep 5, 2010.

1. ARDroneGuy macrumors newbie

2. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

You should never, ever have to go back to the manufacturer to return a product you purchased from a retailer. If you don't get satisfaction from Brookstone, contact your state's Attorney General's Office. There should be info on their website on how to file a claim.

Steve

3. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Contact the Better Business Bureau.

Tell them you're willing to take a restocking fee, but you want to return your item.

Also, the other poster has relevant information, as well.

4. Spudracer macrumors 6502

Brookstone sucks! They charge inflated prices for cheap crap that no one really needs and then refuse to stand behind the products they sell. Even their retail stores have restrictive return policies. I simply refuse to do business with Brookstone. It's amazing that they can even stay in business operating expensive mall retail locations. Their buddies at Sharper Image have gone the way of the Dodo in malls. Now they survive in the virtual retail arena and selling through other retailer locations.

5. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

In Texas, there' a law for that. Consumer has 3 days.

6. jcole31 macrumors regular

7. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

I'm glad I don't own a retail store. Evidently, a lot of people love to take advantage of the fact you can "rent" products for free.

Even worse when I buy something "new" from a store that turns out to be in taped up packaging that someone else had played with for a few days. :(

8. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Well, you knew what you were getting, and Parrot isn't a big company that can take a hit from a lot of returns. I'd assume the return rate is high for something like this which is something that's cool that provides little usage that justifies spending $300 on it. Considering I can afford an AR.Drone and I think it's cool, but I know that I'll regret it after a hour and return it, I wouldn't bother consider purchasing it because that would only end up hurting Parrot financially. I'm gonna go watch your unboxing video ;).

Anyway, what'd you expect to do with it? The battery life on these types of gadgets is abysmal, durability isn't amazing, and it gets old quickly, especially for $300. The unboxing and first few flights seem to be the bulk of the experience.

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

This isn't a case-only forum.

10. jcole31 macrumors regular

11. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

Mind sharing how you returned it?

12. BDoggPrelude macrumors regular

BDoggPrelude

Couldn't agree with you more. All this does is creates additional costs to the manufacturers/retailers which, in turn, increases the price to the consumer. Thanks. :rolleyes:

13. RuggedPro macrumors regular

Why did you return it? Not work? Unsatisfied? Looks interesting.

14. sunnyvilla143 macrumors newbie

Brookstone will not honor 3yr service

I purchased the ARDrone from the UTC store in San Diego, CA for my husband for his birthday. He was so excited. He has video of him using it on Youtube and Facebook. He has brought it to work and showed it off to the neighbors. Since it was such an expensive present I was very interested in the 3yr service plan offered to me by Brookstone. The Brookstone employee expressly told me in front of my best friend that the service plan would cover the ARDrone from the time of purchase, and would include damage, intentional or unintentional, even going so far as to say it would be covered even after being run over by a car. So, now the toy is broken. My husband is very upset. He has called Parrot, he has called and gone to Brookstone and both claim that it is not covered. I am left with a very unhappy husband. I have now brought him the parts for what it is broken for him, so he can fix it and we can move on, but I seriously am considering suing Brookstone.

15. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

You may not have a leg to stand on with that one. Was the 3yr service you bought an insurance policy or an extended warranty?

Did you read the terms before agreeing to it?

If you were deliberately mislead by an employee, then that sucks, but there's nothing you can do if your claim is outside the agreed terms.

16. Resist macrumors 68030

I have done that before and found them to be a joke. The BBB has no authority to enforce anything, as they are a private organization. Many retailers don't even care to belong to them anymore. At one time it meant something to be part of the BBB, not any longer.