part no. for top case and keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by veedeekay, Aug 1, 2011.

  1. veedeekay macrumors newbie

    May 19, 2009
    Dear All
    I have to buy a new top case and keyboard for my macbook. Bought this macbook in 2006. The top case is buggered at two ends slightly beyond the track pad; and the 'L' key is no longer functioning. So I want to buy new top case and keyboard. Can anyone assist by telling me what the part number is for the top case and keyboard please? am in south africa so have to buy in U.S.
    Thank you
  2. logana macrumors 65816


    Feb 4, 2006
    by "buggered" do you mean it is cracked along the front edges ?

    If so Apple will replace free of charge - depending on your location in South Africa you should be able to get it changed quickly ?

    If you really need to buy from USA then basically all the A1181 top case/keyboards will work in your 2006 models - and the media keys F7 to F12 (on the later keyboards) will work fine as long as you have at least 10.5 on the MacBook.
  3. veedeekay thread starter macrumors newbie

    May 19, 2009
    top case replacement

    Thank you for the response. In South Africa Apple stores refusing to replace for free especially since I bought my macbook in 2006 - I somehow missed the special warranty period that was allowed for replacements, which was 2007.
    Thanks for the info about the part no, now I feel safe to order.

Share This Page