Part number on new MBPs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Coswyn, May 30, 2010.

1. Coswyn macrumors member

Coswyn

Where on the system do you find the part number for the new MBPs?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Apple Menu -> About This Mac -> More Info

But I think you mean the model identifier?

3. Coswyn thread starter macrumors member

Coswyn

No, the manufacturer part number (ie: MC371LL/A).

4. Daytona 360 macrumors member

5. Coswyn thread starter macrumors member

Coswyn

Some of my configurations keep coming up as "Part number: Z0GP" in the cart. Is that the part number they have assigned to them when they ship, or is that something for the store and they would retain their original part number despite upgrades (ie: "MC024LL/A" for the 17" i5)?

And does anyone know if the part numbers mean? What do "MC", "024", "LL" and "/A" mean for that example?

6. Coswyn thread starter macrumors member

Coswyn

7. Daytona 360 macrumors member

All the Z part numbers are custom configurations when you are using the Online Apple Store. And yes they will be the part number of your mac when they ship (The Z part number will be on the sticker of the box, instead of the standard part numbers). The only exception (I think) is the 15-inch i7 with AG. If you customize it on the online store it will have Z0J6 as the part number (assuming the only thing you change is the screen). However if you pick one up from an Apple Retail Store it will be MC666LL/A.

8. henryseiden macrumors member

henryseiden

MBP + i5 + anti-glare?

Is there a part/configuration stock # for the i5 processor and hi-rez, anti-glare display?

9. Daytona 360 macrumors member

You have to go online for the i5. I think the only stock model with the AG screen is the 15" i7 (the 17" may have the AG screen as a stock model as well, but I have not checked)

10. henryseiden macrumors member

henryseiden

MBP + i5 + anti-glare?

That sure appears to be true. One dealer I spoke with gets some BTO (build to order) items remaining in inventory, which is how I found what I wanted at Mac/PC Mall. They had one, the Apple stock #MC372LL/A AG (for anti-glare).

I got a good price on it and will go with that deal. These models seem to be hard to locate because Apple only does BTO on them and because there is apparently little demand for this lower end processor from the people that like the AG HD screens (the standard screen is less costly). Hey, I dunno, it's a marketing thing!

Thanks for your help, though. BTW, I got a great deal on Applecare from... ready? Amazon!

Selling my old MBP, if you know anyone interested. It's on Ebay. Hope this link doesn't violate the rules.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320567683343#ht_763wt_878