Part of my iphones back case broke off.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jargan, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Jargan macrumors newbie

Today I went and pulled my phone from my pocket and noticed that a little piece of my phone was missing. When the phone is not in silent mode it covers the orange dot.

[​IMG]

The phone has cracks all over it, dust under the screen and 2 or 3 dead pixels. I wonder if apple will replace it or treat it as abuse.

2. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

It's worth the try to go to the Apple Store and try to replace it. When in doubt, go to an Apple Store.

3. Jargan thread starter macrumors newbie

I will take it in and see what they say. I went by an apple store after finding the cracks and was told they would replace it. Now that the piece broke off I dont think they will swap it out.

4. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

your phone was cased and it looks that bad. Wow

5. Jargan thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks better in person then in that picture. It's been in and out of case during it's life. It has some small scratches here and their and a few nicks. It has a crack on the other side of the switch, near the headphone jack and had 2 cracks by the switch till it broke off today.

6. Jargan thread starter macrumors newbie

Stopped by an apple store today and showed them the phone. Explained the cracks, broke piece and dust under the screen. The guy checked the moisture indicators and then said to make an appointment with a genius and they would replace it. That store was full for the day, so I'm going to another one tonight.