Part Time College Qualify for EduDiscount?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RogueVasion, Jun 9, 2009.

1. RogueVasion macrumors regular

RogueVasion

I am graduating HS early in the fall of 2009, going to college in the spring of 2010. But that's just the background information.

Where I live, they allow us to take classes at nearby community colleges to gain credits early. I am in HS in the day and take college classes in the evening (I take one tuition free class and pay for however many more I want). So, this spring I took a class and in the fall I will be taking another two more.

Right now they are doing the Back to School promotion. Its a really good deal and I'm loving the new Macbooks. I plan on 'hopefully' buying one next month.

But, I don't have much that shows I'm a student, but do I still qualify for the education discount since they are registered on the Apple site and I attend classes there?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you have a student ID you should be able to get it, but I think technically you have to be a full time student. You can check in this PDF.

3. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

From what I read you don't need to be full time, just attending a higher-ed institution.

4. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Yeah, you qualify, I did the exact same thing. I might add, you can do an ADC student membership for $99 and if you're doing a Pro mac it will usually offer a really nice discount (but, you only get that discount once.. ever.. even if you renew your ADC membership!)

Careful with that college deal, in california if you so much as fart in a community college before you sign up for a UC/CSU college, you're required to do 60 units of classes at community colleges before you can transfer to a UC/CSU and you aren't allowed to go in as a freshman student.

I've seen it in other states as well, but for example in NV, UNLV requires.. what was it, 24 or 32 or something? You can get that pretty darn fast.