Partial screen lag with ATV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by atmenterprises, Dec 16, 2015.

1. atmenterprises macrumors regular

I've had an ATV 3 for years and now have an ATV4 but they both share a common problem.

Sometimes I notice that the bottom left corner of whatever is on the screen is about 1/2 second behind in being updated. It's a rectangular size area maybe 1/12 the size of the entire screen. A reboot of the ATV3 solved this problem for weeks until it would show up again.

On the ATV4, a reboot solves the problem for a day, then it returns.

This happens on the menu or inside Netflix, so it must be a system-wide problem.

Anyone else seeing this or have I just been fortunate enough to have two ATVs with this same problem?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Not sure if I specifically notice that problem, but there are some judder/lag issues that appear in certain apps. I know it is an ATV issue b.c I do not see that on the roku with the same content.

3. SG94 macrumors member

SG94

Judder and lag can usually be fixed by telling your TV that the ATV input is a games console or PC.
    :)

4. atmenterprises thread starter macrumors regular

Great suggestion! Funny thing was that game mode was already on. When I turned it off, the problem immediately corrected itself.

Thanks!!