Partition Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by malachilythgoe, Nov 27, 2012.

1. malachilythgoe, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012

malachilythgoe macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro 17" Laptop running OS X 10.6.8. Since I have always had the original hard drive in my computer, it was way over due for an upgrade. I bought a 240GB solid state drive and I used Clonezilla to clone my drive. I made the old drive into an external with a new enclosure. Anyways, I have been trying to get my computer to realize that I have double the storage now. In the disk utility, it does show that I have a new drive and more storage but under that it list my one and only partition, my main and only drive called "Phoenix". There it still says that I only have 120GB even though the main drive that it is apart of says 240GB. I can not figure out how to get it to resize to the correct size. I have ran both repair disk and repair disk permissions just in case that would work. It didn't. Any idea how I can get my drive to realize that it is bigger size now?

Check out the picture to see what I am seeing in disk utility.

Attached Files:

2. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

odd. Here are some trouble shooting tips I ran across a while back. Don't know it they'll help and don't know if they are effective, but saves reinventing the wheel. Luck!

http://pondini.org/OSX/DiskSpace.html

3. nancyfromafrica macrumors member

did you format the blank area, of the disc
    see this tutorial may be u might have been doing something different

Code:
    http://kb.iu.edu/data/ajxz.html

4. malachilythgoe thread starter macrumors newbie

5. malachilythgoe thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem Fixed

I went ahead and split the drive and made a second partition with empty space. Then i merged them and now it is stating 240GB! So FYI for anyone having the issue in the future!

Best Regards,

Malachi L.