Partition Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by malachilythgoe, Nov 27, 2012.

1. malachilythgoe, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012

malachilythgoe macrumors newbie

Nov 27, 2012
    I have a MacBook Pro 17" Laptop running OS X 10.6.8. Since I have always had the original hard drive in my computer, it was way over due for an upgrade. I bought a 240GB solid state drive and I used Clonezilla to clone my drive. I made the old drive into an external with a new enclosure. Anyways, I have been trying to get my computer to realize that I have double the storage now. In the disk utility, it does show that I have a new drive and more storage but under that it list my one and only partition, my main and only drive called "Phoenix". There it still says that I only have 120GB even though the main drive that it is apart of says 240GB. I can not figure out how to get it to resize to the correct size. I have ran both repair disk and repair disk permissions just in case that would work. It didn't. Any idea how I can get my drive to realize that it is bigger size now?

Check out the picture to see what I am seeing in disk utility.

Attached Files:

2. spork183 macrumors 6502a

Jul 30, 2006
    odd. Here are some trouble shooting tips I ran across a while back. Don't know it they'll help and don't know if they are effective, but saves reinventing the wheel. Luck!
  3. nancyfromafrica macrumors member

Sep 17, 2012
    did you format the blank area, of the disc
    see this tutorial may be u might have been doing something different

4. malachilythgoe thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 27, 2012
  5. malachilythgoe thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 27, 2012
    Problem Fixed

I went ahead and split the drive and made a second partition with empty space. Then i merged them and now it is stating 240GB! So FYI for anyone having the issue in the future!

Best Regards,

Malachi L.