Partition

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KnightsChivalry, Jun 21, 2011.

1. KnightsChivalry macrumors newbie

KnightsChivalry

So I got a copy of Lion OS X (legally) and I partitioned my disk because Lion OS X is not completely stable at this point. I have been using the partition mostly and I was wondering if it was possible to delete and main partition and make the 2nd on I made the main one? I hope this makes sense

2. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I would assume that deleting the old partition would make the other one the main boot device. Just to be safe I would select the startup device you want to use in System Preferences first.

3. KnightsChivalry thread starter macrumors newbie

KnightsChivalry

I am guessing my best bet would be back up everything through time machine just incase that does not work out lol

4. KnightsChivalry thread starter macrumors newbie

KnightsChivalry

Update: So i ended up attempting to delete the main hd and make the second partition the main one but it did not work. It just left half the hd space unavailable and unused. So I just had to do a fresh install. Thank god for time machine! Just though you guys should know and anyone in the future looking at this problem!