Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
CA
okay, so i know this is a mac forum, but this is the best forum i post at so have at me for asking here :)

basically, i tried installing ubuntu on my pc and i partioned it as a 10 gb hd... well, something was wrong with the disc, so it partioned my drive but froze before it could install ubuntu. basically, 10 gb of my windows partition is lost and i am wondering if anyone could help me out here!!! the other partition is not showing up in windows explorer but i can see that there is less hd space on my original partition now. please help!!!! :) thanks in advance MR guys

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
MUCKYFINGERS said:
okay, so i know this is a mac forum, but this is the best forum i post at so have at me for asking here :)

basically, i tried installing ubuntu on my pc and i partioned it as a 10 gb hd... well, something was wrong with the disc, so it partioned my drive but froze before it could install ubuntu. basically, 10 gb of my windows partition is lost and i am wondering if anyone could help me out here!!! the other partition is not showing up in windows explorer but i can see that there is less hd space on my original partition now. please help!!!! :) thanks in advance MR guys

:D

Now this is something I can help you out with. Take your Windows installation CD (it's probably the best if you have a full version), and stick it in your computer. Go through the setup process to the point where it talks about installing different partitions. Now here's where you have to be careful. It'll ask you which one you want to install, it also gives you the option of deleting other partitions. Simply reformat the 10 Gig Ubuntu one and you're done. :)

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
CA
benthewraith said:
:D

Now this is something I can help you out with. Take your Windows installation CD (it's probably the best if you have a full version), and stick it in your computer. Go through the setup process to the point where it talks about installing different partitions. Now here's where you have to be careful. It'll ask you which one you want to install, it also gives you the option of deleting other partitions. Simply reformat the 10 Gig Ubuntu one and you're done. :)

Thanks! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.