Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoschi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
Hi:

I have a PowerBook with MacOS X 10.4 [Tiger] installed in it and recently bought the thing. I am interested in partitioning this hard disk so that in the 1st part I can run Tiger and the other part I can run Windows XP. DOes anyone know how I can do that.

Thanks in Advance,
Vyom

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...the only way you are going to run XP (or any other flavour of Windoze) on your Powerbook is to buy VirtualPC from Microsoft (or get it as part of Office 2004 Mac Pro edition)....and in that case there is no need to partition as it runs as an application under Mac OS X.....oh yeah!

hoschi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
wesco said:
Sorry buddy, you can't run windows xp on a mac....

Well I was thinking more about partitioning the disk rather than running windows right away

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
hoschi said:
Well I was thinking more about partitioning the disk rather than running windows right away
Duff-Man says....if you just want to know about basic partitioning, then try searching the forums using the word "partition" or "partitioning" as it has been asked/answered many times.....oh yeah!

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
I'm still not sure why you want to partition the drive for use with Windows? On a laptop you have no real advantage to partitioning your drive... unless you want to boot into Linux.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.