Partitioning Booboo.......

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by john.gotmods, Mar 11, 2008.

1. john.gotmods macrumors newbie

I tried to partition my MacBook and decided that I wasn't going to use bootcamp. I can do it but something came up (work) and I ran out of time. I then gave in to bootcamp but had already set aside space for the partition. At this point I decided to act impulsively and went to disk utility and pulled the blue area of my original partition down overtop the new one thinking that it would just absorb the new partition and become whole again. Never act impulsively unless forced. Now what I have is when I boot to Leopard is two HDs showing on my desktop. How do I squash the unneeded image and merge to regain that space so that I can use it? :apple:

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

3. john.gotmods thread starter macrumors newbie

No..........

I just tried thinking that I might have screwed something so simple up. It does not work. I don't see anymore options in disk utility to fix this problem.

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

The only other thing i can think of is to go into bootcamp assistant and use the remove function
    there

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

^^ Yes, just relaunch Boot Camp Assistant

Attached Files: