Partitioning gone wrong!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by OP93, Apr 8, 2013.

1. OP93 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Got myself into a bit of a predicament when partitioning my HDD on my MacBook Pro.

I was partitioning my drive so I could install Ubuntu, so I can work on my RPi easily, and half way through my Mac turned off. I'm now left with only 10GB free and no way of accessing the half created partition. In disk utility it shows one partition and if I try to partition it again it says I can only use 70MB of it whereas before I could have 96GB!

I really am stuck here! I've tried re-starting and looking in terminal at the partitions but nothing sticks out as I'm not a Mac wiz!

Is there any way I can delete and merge the half created partition?

Regards,

Ollie

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Try my suggestion in post #10 of this thread to delete the bad partition.

3. OP93 thread starter macrumors newbie

I get:

No CoreStorage logical volume groups found

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Looks like the process stopped half way through....I hate to say it, but if it was me, I'd backup my files and re-install.....One thing I always check when performing any kind of partitioning or merge process is that my power settings are set to "always on" that way, there is no danger of my Mac sleeping and screwing things up...I think your Mac probably hibernated which is when the process quit.

5. OP93 thread starter macrumors newbie

Roger that!

Look's like I'll be investing in a NAS a lot sooner than I expected! Thanks for the help guys

:)