Partitioning hangs while installing Windows 8 with Boot Camp on MBA 2013

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by NectarMBA, Oct 1, 2013.

1. NectarMBA macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I try to install windows 8 with Boot Camp on a new MBA 2013.

At the step "Create a Partition for Windows" I select the size of the partition (80 GB on 250 in total), click install and then ..... nothing happens. The progress bar under "Status: Partitioning disk..." is graphically animated (i.e. with moving blue and white strips) but actually nothing really changes: the progress percentage stays to zero and nothing happens during hours.

If I Force Quit the Boot Camp Assistant, the MBA is not partitioned: there is still one disk with original space and OS X seems to work totally fine. I tried to verify the disk: no problem found. I repaired the Disk Permissions, restarted and tried again to run Boot Camp: same problem.

Do you have a idea to solve my problem pls?? :(

For info, the MBA is new, I have installed couple of softwares: LibreOffice, Gimp, Aptana, HP Printer drivers.

Thanks in advance

2. TPadden macrumors 6502a

When all else fails just use Disk Utility to partition your drive into 2 partitions. You will have to select it and format NTFS anyway during the Windows install.