partitioning HDD without deleting all old files ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MiBi4ever, Jan 7, 2009.

1. MiBi4ever macrumors newbie

hi all
    i now want to make a new partition on HDD of my blackbook , my HDD is 250GB , i had already a 60GB partition for Vista ( on BootCamp) , so i am intending to make a 60GB partition for my current Leopard , and the rest of HDD is for storage ( i want to make the rest HDD in FAT format , so both Vista and Leopard can recognize it )

So the problem is , i dont know how to make a new partition 60GB-size for my current Leopard without deleting all , and make it all over fomr the start ?
    I ve read somewhere that if we start-up with Leopard disk , then we can make a new partition ?
    So any tip or hint would be precious here , please help me out !

thanks

2. black1231 macrumors newbie

I guess your point is to create new partitions WITHOUT destroying any data. Vista...Leopard...OK, that's cool...May I introduce easeus partition manager to you, I mean, a secure partition tool, which can help create new partitions,resize/move partitions without deleting any old files? Well, FAT is supported as you want. You may have a take a look at this software to see whether it can work for you. Good luck! :p

3. MiBi4ever thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you
    but the program you mentioned is using in Windows , i want to do it in LEopard

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Disk Utility in Leopard can do it as long as the contiguous space is available to fit the partition scheme you want. Just click the plus button on the bottom of the map in the Partition tab, and you can resize from there. It'll warn you if anything would be erased, so just make sure you pay attention.

jW