Partitions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DJ Nuclear, Oct 7, 2011.

1. DJ Nuclear macrumors newbie

I made a partition by using the cd, and I made a new account which I didnt want, how do I get rid of the new partition and go back to the original user?
    Now I dont see the original user there but the hd space is taken up mostly by the old user that I use. :confused:

2. ThemacNub macrumors regular

If you made a new partition on your hard drive, that would have completely erased the hdd, so unless you have a back up of the old system i think your stuck.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Why and how did you make a partition in the first place, and why did you create a new user?

What version of OS X are you running, what generation MacBook Pro are you using?

We need more info.

4. DJ Nuclear thread starter macrumors newbie

Partition

Well I didnt try to make it, but when I was trying to boot from cd I wasnt given any other choice. OS X 10.5.7

5. simsaladimbamba

What do you mean, you didn't have any other choice?

I never got to a screen, where I was forced to create a new partition just for dips.

Using Disk Utility - Formatting, Partitioning, Verifying, and Repairing Disks

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

6. DJ Nuclear thread starter macrumors newbie

No it didnt give me those choices, it went straight to selecting a country.

7. simsaladimbamba

That is normal*. What did happen after you selected the proper language?
    Provide as much detail as possible.

To create a Clean Install (formerly known as Erase & Install) of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (the 29 USD Upgrade DVD is a fully working retail version of Mac OS X and does not need a prior installation of Mac OS X on the Mac), follow one of the following guides:
    Short version: Clean Install of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
    Long version: Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard: How to Erase and Install