Partly dim screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MiBook84, Aug 11, 2010.

1. MiBook84 macrumors member

Hi,

I have a mbp 15" (late 2008) which was dropped on a stone floor. It got quite dented but I managed to flatten it out almost entirely with force ;). So far so good but one problem persists and it is the screen.

It seems that the screen must have taken a hit too because the backlight is not working correctly. The left side of the screen is very dim and I think that it might be fixable but I am not sure.

I understand that taking apart the screen on a unibody mac is not easy and I wonder if anyone here have ever seen a screen like this and if so, what did you do?

I have a new i7 15" mbp since a few months but I don't think it is a good idea to try that screen on the older mbp since I suppose the problem lies in the screen and not the computer itself.

Attached Files:

2. MiBook84 thread starter macrumors member

I decided to try and take apart the screen later today or maybe tomorrow. It´ll be interesting to see if it is possible to fix :)

3. d88co88 macrumors 6502

d88co88

NO!!!!!!!!!! That will void your warranty, take it in to a genius. Don't risk breaking it more!

4. MiBook84 thread starter macrumors member

Actually since its more than a year old there is no warranty left on the computer and since it was dropped it´s not a warranty-issue.

If I take it to an Apple Store they will only say what it would cost to replace the whole screen assembly, and probably take a few dollars just to tell me that. (We don't have Apple Stores in Sweden, just Premium Resellers).