Partly dimmed screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MiBook84, Mar 18, 2012.

1. MiBook84 macrumors member

Hello guys!

I have a problem with my MacBook Pro that was dropped on the corner where the magsafe-port is. The computer works but the backlight seems to have been damaged in the fall.

The lower left part of the screen is very dim compared to the other parts - but not entirely.

Anyone who has had this issue or know a solution? I am thinking about taking the screen apart and have a look at it but thought it could be a good idea to ask here first :).

Have a nice day!

Attached Files:

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

It could be a damaged connector as well. Taking that screen apart would be a tedious task. The glass is very easily broken though

3. MiBook84 thread starter macrumors member

I agree, it probably is very fragile and I don't want to take it apart and risk getting a lot of dust in the screen. I have tried to remove the cables and connect them again but perhaps I should try again.

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

its 2 connection. one on the logic board, one on the screen itself behind the panel

5. MiBook84 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, yes I know but the picture is fine. Just the backlight, it is darker where the computer took the hit so I guess some leds might be broken or something.

I cant look at the cable behind the screen without having to tear it apart :/