Passbook in iOS 7: automatic update card balance?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dictoresno, Sep 14, 2013.

1. dictoresno, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013

dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I just set up Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks cards and have them loaded into passbook. I noticed that on the passbook card, there is an option set for automatic updates. However, whenever the card is used, I need to manually refresh the new balance.

There is no option for passbook in the background refresh, which I wouldnt use anyways, and it doesnt auto update when you open the card to use. You have to go into the menu and pull down on the card to refresh it. My questions are how come this doesnt auto update like I think it should, even though the slider for auto update is "on"? Im new to passbook, but am I missing something here?

EDIT: and I read everything in this following link, still no go. does anyone else have luck with their cards updating properly?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5483

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My starbucks card in Passbook will update but it takes a day sometimes. The actual Starbucks app usually shows the correct balance however.

3. matty.p macrumors 6502

Hmm I don't know about Dunkin (they aren't in OR) but Starbucks app usually updates in passbook within maybe 30 seconds of me using it. That is in iOS 6 and iOS 7

4. joshforman macrumors regular

For me in iOS 6, Starbucks updates instantly when using it. DD will never update on its own. I have to go to the passbook app and refresh I manually.

5. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

ok well at least im not alone. i actually havent used the starbucks yet, but the DD card was the one i was really questioning. i guess ill just have to keep manually refreshing it and hopefully starbucks card will work like it should.

6. Oui macrumors 6502

Exactly the same here.

7. Di4mondz macrumors regular

My Starbucks Passbook doesn't work sometimes.. Yesterday, I paid with the passbook and I had to delete the Passbook and add it back by using the Starbucks app to update it.

8. keatth macrumors 6502

works for me, I get balance notification right after I pay.

9. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

which one? DD or SB?

10. keatth macrumors 6502

sb