Passbook on Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by daijholt, Apr 12, 2015.

1. daijholt, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

I've seen a video in the last 2 days of passbook on the Apple watch, May have even been in the demo loop when I went to store.

Basically, it showed the cards popping up, complete with the barcodes that you scan in Starbucks, airport, etc and the barcode didn't actually fit on the Apple watch screen. It was long ways rather than squared (which surely would've made more sense).

Anyone else noticed this? Presumably it'll still work, but I just found it bizarre.

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

not that bizarre. The Apple Watch will be the tool used by those on the series 5 phones for Apple Pay (and the 6 series if you prefer) so it will need a way to select what card etc to be used.

What's bizarre to me is that places like Disneyland, Six Flags, metro systems etc didn't jump to get Apple Pay supported already. Or at least announce they are working on it. or that the parks and such never got around to supporting Passbook. or even that Square hasn't gotten NFC support going yet, although at least they announced their intention

3. mdmt619 macrumors member

Once you scroll down on the passbook entry, the watch reformats the bar code to fill the whole screen on a black background - some of the review videos show this, or you can see it in person on the apple store demo units.

4. daijholt thread starter macrumors 6502a

daijholt

This is what I was wondering about. Gonna have to check that out in store.

5. Zcott macrumors 68020

6. philipk macrumors 6502

No.

For security reasons you have to enter cards separately for the Apple Watch.

I have 7 cards on my phone. I plan to only have 2 on the Apple Watch, an AMEX and a MasterCard.