Passbook on Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by StellarEvo, Apr 24, 2015.

1. StellarEvo macrumors newbie

I opened the passbook app on the watch and the cards I have set up on my iPhone for :apple:Pay aren't showing up. It tells me to set them in the Apple Watch app on the iPhone.

On my iPhone, it is checked on "Mirror my iPhone" so I'm not sure if it expects to add the same cards again. That seems wrong.

Anybody else gotten that far?

2. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

Yep. Mine's the same. I haven't tried using it yet, but I for sure will asap!

3. mjcxp macrumors regular

You need to add the cards again to the Apple Watch. I tried it today at Petco and it worked flawlessly.

4. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

You have to re-add the Apple Pay cards. This is because your iPhone and Watch have two separate device numbers and two distinct "secure elements". It is all in the name of security. Big reason for this is so that you can pay for things without having your phone with you.

5. StellarEvo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the replies and to spoa94 for the explanation. Makes perfect sense.

6. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Turn the apps on you have with the Apple Watch App on your iPhone and they will show up in your Apple Watch Passbook App.

7. Tommy m macrumors member

8. StellarEvo thread starter macrumors newbie

Well this happened when I tried to add my Wells Fargo card...Don't know where the foreign language came from.

Attached Files:

9. segrobja macrumors regular

My Passbook works flawlessly. Everything is there. It is mirrored to my phone, no issues.

10. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

The only card in Passbook that's wonky for me is my Dillon's Plus Card for the grocery store (Kroger family of stores). No barcode shows up, just the account #. I suppose I'll just keep using my phone for that one.

11. StellarEvo thread starter macrumors newbie

I got my Chase Freedom card on there and it was in English. So I just repeated the flow for the WF card and they are both activated now.

12. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I think, if you use different accounts for App Store and iCloud it forces you to add them in the watch app.

Passbook seems to be tied to the App Store and not your iCloud account.

I was also concerned about all my apps when it asked for my iCloud password, because we use a shared account for the App Store, and all have different iCloud accounts. Apple must have understood this and it seems to be OK:)

13. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

So, how do you use it? You have to open the app first, then hover?

14. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Once you add your credit/debit cards and they are active you double click the side button. This will bring up ApplePay and show your default card image. You then hold the watch over the pay symbol on the reader.

If you want to use a loyalty card open the Passbook app.

If you open the Passbook app to pay, the watch will ask you to double tap the side button to use the card.

15. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

Cool, thanks! I probably could have just read the user guide, haha.

16. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

I can't add any cards to the watch. When I try it says "Could Not Connect to Watch". Not getting this issue for anything else. Anyone else?