Passbook seemed to do something ... weird to my phone

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by bumblehat, Sep 19, 2012.

1. bumblehat macrumors regular

So, I updated to iOS6 and this happened:

[​IMG]

Any ideas what might be going on?

2. kicko macrumors 65816

whats are more apps missing? the blank icons are your wallpaper

3. bumblehat thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, I'm sorry for not being clear. There is a gap between Passbook (on the bottom right) and the app to its left (Maps) that cannot be filled. It's like the gap is just permanently stuck there.

4. rhino89 macrumors regular

Did you by any chance try to move apps around on the home screen while they were still downloading? This exact same thing happened to me, and then the apps nearby that are involved in not being able to move into that spot then couldnt be deleted. What you should do it turn your phone off and turn it back on, solved the problem for me. Just for good measure I then uninstalled the apps that triggered this and reinstalled them. Now no issues.

5. bumblehat thread starter macrumors regular

I would do that, but Passbook appears to be one of those apps (like Newstand) that cannot be uninstalled. When I move it into and out of a folder, the same issue appears.

6. MacRetina macrumors member

MacRetina

7. pullfocus macrumors 6502a

pullfocus

It might be because that's where YouTube was?

Random. Try a hard reset.

8. rhino89 macrumors regular

Are you sure that passbook caused that? Because for me "Around Me" was the app that I tried moving and led to this weird space appearing once I pulled it near "google voice", so it may not passbook being at fault here. If turning on/off doesn't help, I'd just restore again to a fresh iOS 6 and load your stuff back on again.