Passbook, UK

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by arranjenks, Sep 19, 2012.

1. arranjenks macrumors member

iPad:

Extremely disapointed. Ok Siri is a great addition the iPad 3 but other than that, i see no real 'eye-catching' additions.

iPhone:

Passbook doesn't even work in the uk!?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Ive just completed the update on my iphone 4s and not looked at passbook yet !

One thing i have noticed is the washed out blue hue on my 4s is now very rich !....weird.....

3. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

By doesn't work do you mean not populated?

I've never used passbook, but from what i've seen it looks like the kind of app that needs populating to become useful at all.

4. gs1893 macrumors newbie

I'm in the US and when I open Passbook the only option is to go to the app store, which then says 'cannot connect to itunes store' even though I have a clear connection and when I click elsewhere in the app store it works. I would like to start putting some things in there and it won't let me.

5. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

What are you expecting to work? It's not up to Apple to make it work, they have provided the framework and it's up to individual App developers to support it. If they haven't then that's up to them.

6. arranjenks thread starter macrumors member

Read the quote below for the problem im having :)

EXACTLY what im getting!

7. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Same issue here.

8. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

Which you didn't explain in your first post...;)

Give it a while, I'm sure they are still rolling things out (as seen by the 11 App updates I've had in the last hour)

9. arranjenks thread starter macrumors member

anyone here got any news on passbook in the uk?

confusingly, my mum went onto it today and the app store worked for her and she could instal lufthansa.

it still comes up wtih 'cannot connect to the store' or whatever that annoying line is

10. iseras macrumors member

Change the date to one year ahead, launch passbook and it should work. Then change to the current date. But yeah, Passbook now is practically useless until it actually gets taken advantage of.

11. Dilbert macrumors newbie

For a new headline feature its a pretty awful user experience and very "un-apple" like tbh.

I realise that it's a brand new feature and that its success will depend largely on other companies supporting and using it but I find it really hard to believe that people at Apple sat around a table and agreed that this would be the user experience people would get until the store was populated with stuff to add to passbook.

Following the release of iOS 6 millions of people will have been trying these new features out and millions of people will have got the "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" message after clicking the only active button available in passbook.

Just doesn't make sense tbh, must be a glitch of some kind that needs fixing.

For launch day you would expect them to have a few partners like Starbucks so that when the button was clicked at least something came up, even if it was just one or two demo apps that would be a much better experience than the current message that gets displayed.

Don't understand it tbh. :confused:

12. Deako macrumors 6502

Everyone getting the "Cannot Connect to iTunes" message needs to look at the news story for the fix.

Basically, turn your date/time settings off automatic. Set the date forward a year. Go back to the App Store. It should work. Go back to the date/time settings and change it back to Automatic.

Fixed!!