Passbook

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by truelies, Oct 3, 2012.

1. truelies macrumors regular

What is the function of passbook? I only saw it direct me to iTunes to download other apps like 'American aireline'.

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

You can create your own cards, so you can put in the bar codes for other cards.. things like your preferred shopper card or your library card. Basically anything with a bar code.

As of today, Starbucks cards are supported there as well.

3. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

If you buy a movie ticket through fandango will it show up in passbook automatically?

4. truelies thread starter macrumors regular

I did reservation on aa, but nothing in passbook. Looks like it do nothing.

5. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Starbucks Pass

I have Starbucks in my Passbook - I have everything set up so that when I go to my local Starbucks, it pops up a notification that just says 'Starbucks (street address)'. I thought the Starbucks passbook is supposed to show my Starbucks card with the barcode in the lock screen. I have passbook enabled to work in the lock screen.

Am I missing something?

6. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Is this actually true? This would be ideal, but my understanding is there needs to be an associated app with Passbook.

7. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I thought that was all true, I was reading about how to get it all setup and before. Not sure where that website was. They even linked several apps to do it for you. But I can't find it now.

8. Just Dave macrumors member

I believe boarding passes act differently. They will show in passbook a little before boarding time. They will not be present from the time you make the reservation.

9. raptorstv macrumors 6502

Is there passbook support for Subway Restaurant giftcard?

10. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Do you have the AA app installed? You need that for it to integrate with passbook.

11. ano0oj macrumors 6502

not yet i think

12. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

I use Starbucks app with it. I don't see the point. When i scan directly feom the starbucks app, I get updated balance in real time. If I go through passbook, it does not update the balance until I open the Starbucks app again. I get that it's main benefit is to consolidate in one place but how hard is it to sync balance in real time?