Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truelies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
What is the function of passbook? I only saw it direct me to iTunes to download other apps like 'American aireline'.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
You can create your own cards, so you can put in the bar codes for other cards.. things like your preferred shopper card or your library card. Basically anything with a bar code.

As of today, Starbucks cards are supported there as well.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
If you buy a movie ticket through fandango will it show up in passbook automatically?

truelies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
You can create your own cards, so you can put in the bar codes for other cards.. things like your preferred shopper card or your library card. Basically anything with a bar code.

As of today, Starbucks cards are supported there as well.

I did reservation on aa, but nothing in passbook. Looks like it do nothing.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Starbucks Pass

I have Starbucks in my Passbook - I have everything set up so that when I go to my local Starbucks, it pops up a notification that just says 'Starbucks (street address)'. I thought the Starbucks passbook is supposed to show my Starbucks card with the barcode in the lock screen. I have passbook enabled to work in the lock screen.

Am I missing something?

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
Is this actually true? This would be ideal, but my understanding is there needs to be an associated app with Passbook.

I thought that was all true, I was reading about how to get it all setup and before. Not sure where that website was. They even linked several apps to do it for you. But I can't find it now.

Just Dave

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
I did reservation on aa, but nothing in passbook. Looks like it do nothing.

I believe boarding passes act differently. They will show in passbook a little before boarding time. They will not be present from the time you make the reservation.

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
I use Starbucks app with it. I don't see the point. When i scan directly feom the starbucks app, I get updated balance in real time. If I go through passbook, it does not update the balance until I open the Starbucks app again. I get that it's main benefit is to consolidate in one place but how hard is it to sync balance in real time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.