Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
Like some have mentioned it's all about size. Just my opinion but I agree with them. It won't hurt Apple to put on the iPad though.

If consider when overseas traveling with both an iPhone and iPad, it's the iPad that's more likely to have a local data SIM and the iPhone have data turned off.

Yeah size is not ideal but if it's the one with a data connection, it's better than not getting the update.

gujamin

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2002
Atlanta
Oh...mmmmm. I was under the impression (and likely mistaken of course) that that apple intended for 3rd parties to go wild and build any kind of pass apps they wanted.

That's what I thought when I saw the PKPass methods for "displaying a pass"

Displaying a Pass
icon property
localizedName property
localizedDescription property
– localizedValueForFieldKey:
organizationName property
relevantDate property

Displaying a generated pass for an app is different than replicating the functionality of Passbook. While its not explicitly forbidden it seems like it might be frowned upon by apple. However, I could be wrong.

----------

If consider when overseas traveling with both an iPhone and iPad, it's the iPad that's more likely to have a local data SIM and the iPhone have data turned off.

Yeah size is not ideal but if it's the one with a data connection, it's better than not getting the update.

If you have access to the apple bug reporter I'd suggest adding this as a request. They are still working on things so who knows what they may decide before the official release

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2012
Did we get Cards on the iPad? Clock? Stocks? Weather? No. iPad is red headed step child.

iPad got clocks in iOS 6.

3641da8b.jpg

19985555.jpg

74e8711d.jpg

e9db4d63.jpg

7a9e2d7c.jpg

c19d01de.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.