Passcode auto-lock bug time option

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by scruch, Nov 1, 2009.

1. scruch macrumors member

scruch

Hello my friends,
    I have 2 iphones 1 black 32gb and 1 black 3g 16gb.

Since i have bought the 3G@16gb i have always had the problem that if i set "REQUIRE PASSCODE" I had only this options:
    Immediatly
    After 1 min
    After 5 min
    After 15 min
    After 1 hour

AND NOT : After 4 hours (in the black32gb i have also this final option).

It was not a big problem because 1hour was fine for me , but yesterday i have bought a white32gb to replace the old 3G@16gb . I have upgraded his firmware and restored the backups of the 3G@16gb on the new white.

And.... BAZINGA now i have only this few options:

Immediatly
    After 1 min
    After 5 min
    After 15 min

.... is my iphone kidding me ? what can i do ? in the older black32gb i still have has maximun option the 4 hours setting , but in the white now has maximum is only 15 minutes ...

do you have some advice for me ? because I really have no idea on where is the problem .... every time i buy a new iphone i have a time option erased.

2. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

I'd say the problem is in the iPhone 3G 16GB's backup. If there were any problems in the first backup, when you restore the backup to a new iPhone, any problems in the previous will still be present on the new device. I recommend that you do a Full Restore on the iPhone 3G S 32GB and set it up as a new phone, and not from a backup.
    You will lose any game saves and app-specific data and text messages etc., but you weigh up the options. Do you need a passcode lock even?

Hope this helps.

3. scruch thread starter macrumors member

scruch

yes FXT 1 it help, maybe is the only solution ...

the problem is that: in the black32gb i have full sync with address book , ical, etc.. with the macbook (so i can FULL restore it without big problems). but in the white32gb i just sync music and apps, and all the address book and ical, notes and other stuff are not synched... so if the FULL RESTORE is the only solution I must spend several hours to re-insert all the data manually .

If you have any other idea I'm very interested to hear about it, otherwise I really have no choice and proceed with the restoration.

4. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

I don't think there's any other option unfortunately. The problem is with the backup, and I don't think there's any way to remove the backup while preserving the data stored on the device.

I guess you have to proceed with the full restore on both devices. The Black 32GB iPhone won't take too long to restore and re-sync, but I suggest you perform a full restore and re-sync on the White 32GB iPhone overnight. Just curious, but how much data do you have on the White 32GB iPhone? As my 16GB iPhone takes roughly 3-4 hours to completely re-sync.

I assume you are aware that you'll lose all game saves, app data and text messages when you set up as a new phone?

5. scruch thread starter macrumors member

scruch

yes yes you're right my friend , but the problem is that the white have a different Address Book and Ical than the black .
    So i must manually re-insert all the data because with the macintosh is only the black full synched, the white is only music+app synched. And this manually operation is really time-consuming.

6. scruch thread starter macrumors member

scruch

ok problem solved with a full restore, and thanks to funambol (iphone app) I did not have to rewrite all the address book manually.

7. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

Sorry, just returned to the thread, would have replied sooner. Good to hear your problem's solved. :)