Passcode GUI disallowing me to click on OK after entering passwor

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Ptit, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Ptit macrumors regular

I installed a theme called lock calendar but before removing it i also installed lockscreen, both worked fine together allowing me to click once on the home button to switch between lockscreen and calendar, but after i synced the new purchased apps to itunes and restarted my lock screen password now looks like the GUI is all over the place leaving me locked out becuase the OK button is elsewhere and dis-functional., also to note the landscape mode stopped working, i tried to turn the ipad2 around to see if the password button moved in a position that worked but its not working,

whats the best thing to do here?

erase everything again and start over?

any advise appreciated

Attached Files:

2. bufffilm, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

you're locked out of the OS, the guaranteed way to get it back is a DFU restore.

not sure if the lockmode prevents terminal access to the device (never had to try this...it would be logical to assume it denies access), but if it didn't then it might be possible to undo the lockscreen via filesystem edits, but you would need very expert help to do that.

you've just learned something that anyone who is experimenting with themes/lockscreen elements should always heed - always disable the passcode before futzing with that stuff.

3. Ptit thread starter macrumors regular

can one do DFU restore with out internet, like from iTunes?

4. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

yes under certain conditions.

you will need to have the ipsw file and the shsh blob saved locally, then set tinyumbrella as the server. if you don't have the blob, then you will need connectivity to the apple servers via itunes over the net..

5. Ptit, Sep 12, 2011

Ptit thread starter macrumors regular

I got tinyumbrella, started it, plugged the IpadtwoFun in and when i went to save SSH blob this is what i got :(
    will this mean i have to restore online?

since i did not go to 4.3.5 yet can i just restore 4.3.3?

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Before you restore--and without a blob, you're stuck restoring to 4.3.5, which with an iPad2 means no jailbreak--do you have SBSettings installed? If so, swipe on the top where the status bar usually is, and a drop down window should appear.

On the far right, beneath the big toggle buttons, is a Power button. Press it. Select "Safe Mode". This will reboot your device in Safe Mode, disabling many tweaks. With any luck, it will also disable what is conflicting here, allowing you to put your passcode in and start deleting things.

(For those who DON'T have SBSettings, this is exactly why it should be the first thing you do after JB--after resetting your root level passwords, of course!)

7. Ptit, Sep 12, 2011

i managed to get into it via safe mode before by holding down the power and home button after i unplugged it in DFU mode, how do i disable the tweeks, i ask becuase before when i was in safe mode cydia and SB settings did not work, i unfortunatly can not swipe to get sbsettings becuase the lockscreen itself will not display the status bar or area.

why did this happen? all i can think of is a tweek did this or becuase i added a few lock screen tweaks at once.

ill try winterboard :) to disable the tweaks, i watched a youtube video so lets see, thanks

8. IrishVixen, Sep 12, 2011

IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I'm not certain you were actually IN safe mode, as Cydia works fine under safe mode conditions. I've used it before this way when I had to delete a tweak that had crashed my phone into Emergency Call Only mode. Just tested it again now and it works fine. So I'm a little concerned that you've hosed the Cydia app in some way.

And SBSettings doesn't require a visible status bar to be displayed in normal mode--but no, it doesn't run under Safe Mode.

If you can get in under Safe Mode, disable the passcode through Settings as soon as you get to the Springboard. Then worry about the rest.

*If* these are themes, and if you can get into Winterboard, then yes, you may be able to disable them that way. If they're not themes, WB will have no effect.

iFile also does still work under Safe Mode, so if you can get into that, you may also be able to disable the tweaks by hunting down their main functions--usually they're mostly in a file under /applications. (Or you may be able to do this via SSH from a computer, if you have access that way.) Renaming the whole file for the app by adding -- in front of the current name & rebooting will *usually* disable it long enough to get you back to where you need to be to delete properly from Cydia. But no guarantees, as any time you mess with system files of a running app directly you run the risk of messing things up to the point where restoring is your ONLY option.

As for why, the tweaks you installed are incompatible with something, or with each other. Never add more than one at a time, and read others' reviews on this forum to see if they've had problems before installing anything new.

Oh, and as for the blobs--you can only save them while Apple is still signing them. If you didn't save 4.3.3 weeks ago, you can't save it now. So a 4.3.5 restore will be your only option. Apple does this so people can't roll their firmware backwards.

9. Ptit thread starter macrumors regular

well thanks for the info,

I have several ipads, i also backed up both, restored from between both in the past, just last week i was able to totally copy everything ., and i paid for all the cydia apps i have, FirewallIP, SBSettings was free, besides the fact that i paid for cydia apps and one of them is intant, tinyumbrella gives me the same error for the one that is intact!

Is it my version of iTunes thats the problem?

10. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

For the one that's intact--when you open Cydia, are there any firmware versions listed in green lettering above the words, "Welcome to Cydia"? Those are the blobs that Cydia has on file for that specific device. They *should* match what TinyUmbrella shows.

The "error" you show for the second device isn't an error at all. It's a description, saying that you don't have blobs for the last beta of 5.0 and cannot restore to it. It also says at the bottom that it cached 2 SHSH files--which ones?

From the first TU screenshot you posted, it very clearly says Cydia doesn't have 4.3.3 blobs for that device. So no, iTunes isn't the reason you can't restore that one to 4.3.3. Without the blobs, it just can't happen, and your only choice, assuming you still can't get that device to respond long enough to delete the tweaks, is to restore to stock 4.3.5 and give up the jailbreak on that iPad. Hopefully they'll come out with another one eventually for the iPad 2.

And while it's great that you paid for your tweaks, unfortunately paid doesn't mean they're not buggy. The one tweak that nearly cost me a restore on my otherwise well behaved phone was also a paid one.

11. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Few things to try:

do you have openSSH installed? I had a similar problem with my iphone and was able to recover by using SSH.

in TinyUmbrella, try saving SHSH again with "request from Cydia". If you jailbroken while 4.3.3 was still being signed it's possible Cydia saved the SHSH for you.

12. Ptit, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011

how exactly do you do that, is there a ink to all this, in tinyumbrella it reads ipad23g 4.3.5 (8L1), if this is saying i have v 4.3.5 it is incorrect or apple somehow updated the ipad over the net without my knowledge, im curious now becuase the v1 ipad also says iPad 4.3.5 (8L1) but firmwear 4.3.2, maybe im just confused or its not clear on whats what-

thanks again