passcode, I was robbed.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by robertaston, Sep 29, 2011.

1. robertaston macrumors newbie

I am suing my ex girlfriend as she borrowed a LOT of money and now we are apart she is refusing to pay it back. When she left the police, I called them cause she is crazy, would not allow her to take the cell phone I was loaning to her and it's locked. Its an iPhone 3gs. The last time I synched it was about 6 months ago. She had agreed in several emails to pay me back a HUGE (over 75,000.00) she owes me. Before she left she went into my e-mail, she had my password, and deleted all her emails to me. My lawyer says if I can prove she hacked my e-mail account it will go a long way towards me winning my case. I need to get the internet history out of a locked phone. Can that be done??? Im in California right now and the computer I synched it with is in Florida. But I can fed-ex the phone to my son who has access to the computer. Any ideas???

2. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

All you can do is to report the phone stolen, and then they block it and she wont be able to use it. But there is a company that can either erase or delete contents on your phone, dont remember the company name, search this forum, and you will find..

JunkyDog

3. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

You didn't even read his post.

OP: It depends on how the email account is set up. If it was pop3, there is a chance a copy of those emails are on the phone.

4. himni macrumors regular

What email service do you use? I know most of them require you delete them 2 times before they are actually gone. I know that might seem obvious but lots of people do realize you have to them delete them from the trash before they are gone. You might also ask your provider if they can restore them.

If you have access to the computer it was synced to you can do a back up and then restore using that back up. It will remove the passcode and it should be in the same state it was before the restore.

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

depends on how smart she is

i would suggest also looking into your outbox? you might see some messages there if you replied to her.

hope it all works out, that's a crappy situation.

6. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

What the heck did she need to borrow $75 grand for and why did you lend that much to her? How long were you together? I suppose it doesn't matter at this point, but can you even prove you lent her the money?

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You must not have a very good lawyer. If the stakes are that high, you need to get a professional computer forensics expert to do this for you. Otherwise you'll taint the evidence.

8. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I'm assuming she must have been a fine piece, no guy coughs up 75k for a dog....just saying. Plus he's in LA, and as a LA resident there are some real beautiful women here eager to take your money. Thank god my girl is not like that, she's my sugar momma! hahaha