Passcode Lock 10 Tries

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RahX, Feb 16, 2009.

1. RahX macrumors newbie

After ten failed passcode attempts, your settings are reset to their defaults and all your
    information and media on your iPod touch is removed by overwriting the data stored
    on iPod touch.

This is directly from the manual. Is this 10 failed attempts meaning in a row... or is it accumulated?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

According to this, it's 10 consecutive tries. Which I take to mean in a row. It's also not on by default.

3. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

It's 10 in a row. Now I'm not sure if that means that if you try it 5 times, then stop, then try it 5 more times a few hours later it will do that, or if it has to be 10 consecutively.

But it's definitely not 10 over say the life of the iPod!

That would be a terrible feature :eek:

SLC

4. brax.j macrumors regular

It is ten incorrect tries without a correct passcode in between.

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

Give it a try... worst come to worst you'll lose data and then can sync with iTunes again. Do let us know. I think it's 10 in a row... but i see your point if I was steal one I could probably try over couple weeks and ultimately get it... if it does that.

6. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

If you do try tell me if the passcode lock is still active after the iPod has been erased.
    I just don't want who ever has my iPod to be able to use it so if I enable the erase thing and the passcode is deleated too then I want to know if I should enable it or not.

7. pilotrtc macrumors regular

Pure speculation

I would think after the 10 tries and then erasure the user would be able to use it. It seems like that would be a "feature" for those who completely lost their minds and can't remember the password on their own iPod...

8. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

There should be an app that would essentially brick the iPod until it was plugged into the owners computer. I'd use it, and even pay a few bucks for it.

(if your an app developer, take notice)

SLC