Passcode locking me out even though valid

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sixpakvb, Mar 3, 2009.

1. sixpakvb macrumors newbie

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a passcode lock on my phone due to company policy and I have accidently been hitting the "Emergency call" button while trying to type in the passcode. I do this the first time I try typing in the passcode. Then after I hit the back arrow and start type the correct passcode in, it says it is an invalid passcode. And of course, after 6 tries it locks up for a minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour, etc. This has happened to me several times over the last week (I will change my passcode the next time I get it unlocked) but I was wondering if anyone has heard about this and how do I get something open with Apple? Do I HAVE to go to a store to talk to someone?

Thanks for your help on this matter.

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I would try a Restore with a backup so all of your (and your company's) data is saved and replaced on the phone. I have never heard of this before though.

David

3. The Admiral macrumors member

The Admiral

seems silly that your company would wisely require the passcode lock but fail to require the data wipe feature.

4. bradenwh macrumors 6502

I've had this happen to me before.
    I got scared.
    But after a while, it let me in. Dunno what happened.