iPad Passcode not recognized

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by curuxu, Mar 28, 2015.

1. curuxu macrumors newbie

I have an iPad Air 2 jailbroken on 8.1.2 which was working great up until this morning when all of a sudden it stopped recognizing my 4 digit passcode. I'm still dumbfounded that something like this could happen. I have the same passcode on both my iPhone 6 and my iPad and the code is working normally on the iPhone.

Needless to say I don't want to lose my jailbreak so I'm trying to avoid a restore but I don't know how else to fix this. I've tried Semi-Restore but it asks for the passcode in order to work so that's out. I've also heard about a passcode breaking utility called Elcomsoft iOS Forensic tool but it's almost $1,500. I don't know what else to try. I'd appreciate any help.

2. dembu19 macrumors member

dembu19

It's just not possible.
    I suspect it's stolen or you found it.

You can just use it for spare parts.

3. zone23 macrumors 68000

The really fun part is if you put it in DFU mode and restore it, when it comes on its going to ask you for the original apple ID information that the device was setup with. If you don't have that information you can just put it on eBay for parts because your never going to be able to use it.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What is it with newbies and their wild stories lately?
    My iPad all of a sudden doesn't recognize my passcode...

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Well, it is four digits to memorize, you know.

Apple should offer a single digit passcode. A bit easier to remember.

(Possible class action lawsuit against Apple from all the four digit passcode owners who forget that code!)

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Im not going to Pre Judge you and would advise your going to have to resolve this the way your already aware of.

7. curuxu thread starter macrumors newbie

A couple of days ago I noticed a pop up asking me to change my passcode and for some reason I thought it was the passcode for my T-Mobile SIM. I didn't connect the dots immediately, but once I realized that it had to be the passcode for the iPad I could gain access again.

I had never seen that pop-up before. Definitely user error. Sorry.