Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

curuxu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
I have an iPad Air 2 jailbroken on 8.1.2 which was working great up until this morning when all of a sudden it stopped recognizing my 4 digit passcode. I'm still dumbfounded that something like this could happen. I have the same passcode on both my iPhone 6 and my iPad and the code is working normally on the iPhone.

Needless to say I don't want to lose my jailbreak so I'm trying to avoid a restore but I don't know how else to fix this. I've tried Semi-Restore but it asks for the passcode in order to work so that's out. I've also heard about a passcode breaking utility called Elcomsoft iOS Forensic tool but it's almost $1,500. I don't know what else to try. I'd appreciate any help.

dembu19

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2013
Poland
It's just not possible.
I suspect it's stolen or you found it.

You can just use it for spare parts.

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
The really fun part is if you put it in DFU mode and restore it, when it comes on its going to ask you for the original apple ID information that the device was setup with. If you don't have that information you can just put it on eBay for parts because your never going to be able to use it.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Well, it is four digits to memorize, you know.

Apple should offer a single digit passcode. A bit easier to remember.

(Possible class action lawsuit against Apple from all the four digit passcode owners who forget that code!)

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Im not going to Pre Judge you and would advise your going to have to resolve this the way your already aware of.

curuxu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
A couple of days ago I noticed a pop up asking me to change my passcode and for some reason I thought it was the passcode for my T-Mobile SIM. I didn't connect the dots immediately, but once I realized that it had to be the passcode for the iPad I could gain access again.

I had never seen that pop-up before. Definitely user error. Sorry.

Larry Davis

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2018
What is it with newbies and their wild stories lately?
My iPad all of a sudden doesn't recognize my passcode...

Actually, I'm here because my iPad suddenly stopped recognizing my passcode, too. So, maybe if "all these newbies" are coming here "lately" with the same "wild story", that might mean something...
I believe my passcode was hacked, because I use my iPad on Twitter so much in the #resist movement.
I've also been locked out of Twitter 3 times this month for alleged "spamming" activity, though my activity on Twitter hasn't changed in the three years I've been there.
Can it be that Trump's allies, the Russian hacking army, are attacking his critics? There sure are a lot of accounts appearing, trying to argue his propaganda and spin on Twitter.
Something to think about.
[doublepost=1517088186][/doublepost]
What is it with newbies and their wild stories lately?
My iPad all of a sudden doesn't recognize my passcode...

Also, I've just seen on this site that they are "fixing' passcode issues for profit with an alleged Apple online "tool" I know of no such tool from Apple. Could it be a kind of ransomware? I didn't download anything, but they may be attacking iPads https://www.justanswer.com/mac-comp...does-not-recognize-password-xxxxx-itunes.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.