Passcode on iPhone 6 iOS 8.0.2

Dino F

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Can someone check this on their iphone 6 on iOS 8.0.2 please?

If I go to 'Touch ID & Passcode' , after then entering my passcode, under the option of 'Require Passcode' (where you can select the time delay that the phone will ask you for your passcode), I ONLY get the option of 'Immediately'?

On my wife's iPhone 5, and also on my iPad 2, both on iOS 8.0.2, they both have options of 'Immediately', 'After 1 minute', 'After 5 minutes', 'After 15 minutes', 'After 1 hour' and 'After 4 hours' but I don't get ANY of these extra options ?!

Can someone test this on their iPhone 6, under iOS 8.0.2, to see if yours is the same?

vmdc

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2011
Just checked on my iPhone 6 with 8.0.2.

Yep, I only have the one option of "Immediately".

geoffm33

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
On all touchID enabled phones, when using touchID you can only have it set to immediately.

Dino F

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Cheers for the quick response guys - seems you're all correct!!

When Touch ID is indeed enabled, I only get the option of 'Immediately' - never knew this was how it worked, coming from an iPhone 5, which didn't have Touch ID!!!

Thanks for clarifying

:D

unfrostedpoptar

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Cheers for the quick response guys - seems you're all correct!!

When Touch ID is indeed enabled, I only get the option of 'Immediately' - never knew this was how it worked, coming from an iPhone 5, which didn't have Touch ID!!!

Thanks for clarifying

:D
Yeah - this is a headache on my 5s (and soon 6+). I really wish they'd add a 5 or 10 second choice! I'm willing to live with that security hole and save about 100 Touch-ID tries (with about 70% success) per day!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.