Passcode removed by broken lightning cable?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by producerlawson, Jun 19, 2015.

1. producerlawson macrumors regular

So since last night my iPhone passcode has literally 'changed'. Yet I have changed the sequence since my I received it back in November.

The last thing I can remember doing with it was putting in on charge, however I did use my oldest bodged lightning cable, which has a tendency to simulate the phone being unplugged and plugged back in continuously (due to a loos connection) - I really doubt it but could this have affected it? I had to plug the other end of the cable into my Macbook as my wall adapter wasn't around.

This morning I've woken up and it just won't let me back in.. either I've gone insane and forgotten it (maybe I'm relying too much on touch id) or something has gone wrong.

Is it possible to authorise the phone via my iCloud at all? I only ever use the cloud backup services and it recently told me it couldn't do a backup because it was out of storage space, so the possibility of fully locking it until it asks me to connect it to iTunes doesn't look promising in my eyes right now.

Any form of help is muchly appreciated, I've got several voice mails this morning and I can't listen to them :mad:

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry