Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
First time it occurred was 2 weeks ago on iOS 9.0.2, happened again yesterday on 9.1. It always takes place when I take it off the charger after sitting there for about 8 hours. It's definitely a bug in iOS 9

MUBiomed

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
For a some reason icloud (settings-icloud) is asking my password all the time.. It has a bad memory? (Once a day atleast.)

This was happening to me multiple times a day getting pulled into the settings app to enter my iCloud password. 9.1 did not fix the issue and I ultimately ended up doing a wipe and restore which seems to have stopped it (for now).

dusters711

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
This has been happening to me on my iPad Air 2 since I installed the public beta of 9.0 over the summer. I've had every beta since (even the most current one) and it always randomly happens even though I use my iPad every day. I've reported it via the feedback app months ago.

boelaars

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2015
This occurs to me every Friday night, straight after midnight. No matter if I just used my iPhone or iPad half a minute earlier. BOOM "Touch ID requires your passcode after 48 hours." On both devices. Every Friday-onto-Saturday night again.

iPhone 6S Plus is a brand new device newly installed as a new device, so no backup restore, currently on the latest public iOS 9. iPad Air 2 is an existing install recently upgraded to the latest public iOS 9.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Been watching this on my Mini 3 and 6S+ for a couple of weeks now. I think I have found a correlation between these events and the D&U data.
Note: Mine is not a Fri-Sat issue and both devices are on iOS 9.1.
In the short time preceding the popup asking for the re-entry of the password for Touch ID I am seeing a SystemMemoryReset entry in the D&U file.
IMG_4196.PNG IMG_0567.PNG

Not sure if this is the cause or a parallel event tied to the actual cause.
Either way it is the single commonality between the password request occurring on both devices.
For the 6S+ 11/4 was the last occurrence and 11/11 for the Mini 3.
It is very sporadic.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Hey, I was wondering if anyone got this "please put your password ini every 48 hrs" message?
It's weird.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
I was getting it very randomly, at intervals as narrow as every 90 minutes up to and including every 72 hours +/_

The only solution I implemented that worked to make the problem go away was to wipe both my iPads mini and Air 2.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I was getting it very randomly, at intervals as narrow as every 90 minutes up to and including every 72 hours +/_

The only solution I implemented that worked to make the problem go away was to wipe both my iPads mini and Air 2.
Wipe? you mean...clean install?

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Wipe? you mean...clean install?
Yes. I wiped them completely, reloaded iOS and chose "setup as new" (out of the box).

Since I only use iPads as content consumption devices no backup is required.

Not willing to take the risks of iCloud, it and Siri are turned off during initial setup.

Any content I do wish to save is quickly and securely migrated to my Google Drive Cloud.

Thanks to Google I'm enjoying iDevices without risk.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I was getting the Apple ID verification last night on my iPhone. Wanted me to go into settings and update my iCloud password. Pretty much came up every time I reset my phone.

Also photo stream wasn't working and iMessage was hit or miss. Everything is fine today.

Reactions: pat500000

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Yes. I wiped them completely, reloaded iOS and chose "setup as new" (out of the box).

Since I only use iPads as content consumption devices no backup is required.

Not willing to take the risks of iCloud, it and Siri are turned off during initial setup.

Any content I do wish to save is quickly and securely migrated to my Google Drive Cloud.

Thanks to Google I'm enjoying iDevices without risk.
Thanks a lot. :)

NayborAxi

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
happens on all my idevices but i think that is becuase all of them are jailbroken and they are randomly rebooting. Don't know if it occurs on completely clean devices tho.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
happens on all my idevices but i think that is becuase all of them are jailbroken and they are randomly rebooting. Don't know if it occurs on completely clean devices tho.
Mine wasn't JB. I don't get Apple at times..especially with this episode.

Reactions: maxsix

ielessar

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
WJ
Yeah happens on my jailbroken 6S a lot. I'm not sure it started happen before or after I jailbroke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.