Passcode typing invisible on 7.0.2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Techwing, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Techwing macrumors newbie

Since I went to 7.0.2 last night, the letters that appear on the keys as I type my alphanumeric passcode are white on light gray, whereas they were black on light gray in 7.0. They are now almost impossible to see, making typos much mire likely. Was this a deliberate change or a bug? Is there a way to submit bug reports for iOS? (I've only had an iPhone for two months and it's my first Apple priduct, so I don't know how bugs get reported.)

2. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

more not mire

Sorry, but couldn't resist.

3. Techwing thread starter macrumors newbie

Drat! I'm still not used to typing on a touchscreen. And I have auto-correction turned off because I've seen so many horror stories about things being "corrected" in embarrassing ways.

I'm still curious about this change, though. Either it's a bug or it's Apple's way of increasing security by making it almost impossible to see which key one is tapping while entering the passcode.

4. Techwing thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm ... It corrected itself briefly and then went back to white again. What's going on? Very strange.

5. Techwing thread starter macrumors newbie

I discovered something else: If you do anything that requires your Apple ID and password on the phone, the next time you use your password on the lock screen, everything looks normal again. That appears to remain true until the next reboot or restart of the phone.

I've submitted feedback to Apple but I don't know if they'll act on it.