Passing a drug test. Any tips or input?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CalPoly10, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalPoly10 macrumors regular

I am not a regular smoker. Last Monday (9 days ago), I smoked some weed, and I also smoked once or twice theprior week.

Before that last session, it had been about 4 months.

Last Monday, JUST after I smoked, I read an eMail from a big-time employer I had interviewed with a few weeks prior. They want to hire me, and I have to do a drug test by this Friday. That gives me a total of 11 days to be clean.

Background: I am in incredible shape. I workout every day, either biking, running, or swimming. Very low body fat, I drink tons of fluids.

Are there any smokers here with input? Do you think I will pass?

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Only way to truly pass, "borrow" some clean pee. They usually hand you the cup and you can dump it in. Keep it close to your body before so it's warm. Make sure person is of same gender.;)

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

4. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

You need the Whizzanator…

:D

Edit: I know the smell stays on your clothes forever… but how long does it actually stay in your body's system? :confused:

5. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

That's the easy answer, especially after the fact.

7. emt1 macrumors 65816

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Funny stuff. :D

No kidding. :p

9. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

If you can't borrow pee, go as late in the day as possible and drink tons of water and cranberry juice before. Pee a whole lot before test. By drug test time, you should be peeing close to water.

10. kolax macrumors G3

Weed stays in your system for up to two weeks..

Can't say whether it'll get picked up on the drug test or not - but they are testing more for the likes of cocaine; addictive drugs that can affect you as a person and directly affect the company.

I'm a fairly regular cannabis smoker (once or twice a month - depending on how stressed I am with Uni work..) btw.

11 days will probably be enough - you weren't absolutely blazed?

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The company is most likely testing for everything, even weed.

Companies drug test for a reason. My hope is that some kid who sparks up every weekend isn't responsible for anything that could directly affect my personal safety.

Failing will just help the OP learn his lesson. Sounds like he is Captain Awesome anyway so it won't be long before he lands another interview/job.

In this market it is stupid to do anything to jeopardize your chances of employment.

My advice, you need to flush your system.

12. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

you need a detox pill and a gallon of ice tea or a pot of coffee the day of the test.

the pills are about 25 bucks but they work.

13. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

The first time you smoke in 4 months and it's a week before a job interview?

Bad timing my friend.

14. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

quit smoking

keep in mind - the more things you put in to your body. the more will come out.

and the more exercise you go through - the more toxins that will come out of your body.

i'd say drink a bottle of water every hour

and go boot camp style on your cardio training.

eat fruits and veggies.

if all else fails - get a family sized visine bottle, get a buddy to pee in it for you.. and this may sound gross... but keep it in between your legs to make it warm.

you will be ok. smoking is bad though

15. ghoztman macrumors regular

Withnail (and i) would tell you to get some unadulterated child's piss.

16. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Years ago when I used to smoke I smoked a lot. Probably around 4 times a day. Eventually I simply got bored with it and stopped.

Anyways up until two days before a drug test I was smoking and still managed to pass. Basically the day before the test I drank 1 gallon of cranberry juice and 2 gallons of water. I did the same on the day of the test. The same method has never failed any of my friends.

With that much liquid intake you end up needing to use the rest room every 3 or 4 minutes, I stopped at two gas stations on a fifteen minute drive for testing. But your urine will be so diluted that it will pass.

By the way I used to like cranberry juice but after that I can not touch the stuff:D

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I'm trying to get a handle on whether he would be best served by using the pee in the early stream, the middle stream or the dregs.

Any opinions??

18. andrewsd macrumors 6502

vinegar

:cool:I don't smoke a lot maybe once a month max but I kinda came a across the same situation at a previous job and they where going around drug testing.. I just dran pickle juice and other vinergary type stuff.. also go to a local drug store and get an at home drug test and test yourself.. I think you will be fine.. Now of to job that doesn't drug test..:D

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Damn, I was gonna say that. It's a sure fire way of passing a drugs test.

20. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Be careful about trying to dilute. The firm my company uses does a nine panel drug test and will kick out false negatives (diluted samples, primarily) requiring an immediate re-test.

It's why I stopped smoking grass twelve years ago. My job is too important to my family for me to (literally;))piss it away. Good luck, and stay clean. It's simply not worth it.

21. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Detox pills, lots of cranberry juice, and vegetables.

22. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

I was going to say don't do drugs too, ah well , I can say this instead , don't get a job with some company who inspect your piss, invasion of privacy imo.
    ye safety aside of course.

Good advice already given by others here , I'd go for that and maybe a sauna or three for good measure, along with a simple two day fast.

@ iJohnHenry, I'd guess at mid stream, that's the part they say is safest to drink should the need arise

23. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I smoke weed too, and knew I wasn't going wasn't going to pass any drug test, so I did what anyone else with an identical twin does. I drove my drug free twin to the lab, and gave him my id and had him take my test for me. Best idea ever. :D But I only thought of it after I wasted my money on some body detox thing. But you most likely don't have a twin.

I'm 100% serious too. Being a twin rocks ;)

24. CalPoly10 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm debating whether to get some of my friend's pee (who is drug free) and use it for the test. I'm just worried about the temparature of his pee.

I run and sweat a lot, and have been in the sauna/steam room about 5 times in the past week.

I drink tons of water too.

bah, this is miserable.

25. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

chillout man , oops wrong terminology :p .

You'll be fine and if you fail , move on and remember ! do it like Clinton next time ;)

The warm pee is a none issue , just warm it by holding next to a coffee cup before you go in and then keep it in your underpants to retain the warm , piece of.... err... piss :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.